One of the most popular study-abroad destinations for international students is still the UK. It is without a doubt one of the greatest locations for anybody thinking about getting an MBA in finance. To learn everything there is to know about the requirements for the program, how to apply, and what scholarships are available for UK MBAs in finance, read the blog.
Table of Contents
- • Why Study an MBA in Finance in UK?
- • MBA in Finance in UK: Highlights
- • Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Finance in UK
- • Admission Process for MBA in Finance in UK
- • Universities for studying MBA in Finance UK
One of the best places to pursue an MBA in finance is the UK. Students are well-positioned to launch or advance their careers in the international finance industry thanks to the school’s unique combination of top-notch instruction, a prime location, and a varied student body. MBA in Finance is a master’s degree in business administration that includes finance-related specialized courses.
The postgraduate program lasts one year and consists of fundamental courses in budgeting, analytics, and finance. The program curriculum is designed to teach students about the ways to analyze and forecast financial reports and economic trends, as well as manage and maximize investment portfolios, balance risk and profitability, and make stocks profitable.
Learn more about MBA in Finance in the UK by reading the blog, which covers topics such as universities that offer the degree, eligibility, required documents, admissions procedure, and more.
Why Study an MBA in Finance in UK?
• The UK is home to some of the world’s top business schools that consistently rank in the QS World rank list.
• Studying MBA in UK takes a short time to complete compared to other countries.
• Pursuing MBA in one of the UK universities exposes candidates to a world-class curriculum and helps them learn about the core aspects of finance.
• Graduating from a reputable UK business school certainly makes a candidate’s profile impressive in comparison to the competitors.
MBA in Finance in UK: Highlights
|Degree Type||MBA with a specialization in Finance|
|Course Duration||1 year|
|Program Type||Full time|
|Admission Requirement||Bachelor’s degree| Official Transcripts| SOP| LOR|Resume/CV|
|Popular Entrance Exams||GMAT and GRE|
|Work Experience||2-5 years|
|English Proficiency||IELTS | TOEFL|
|*Approximate Tuition Fee||15,000 GBP – 45,000 GBP|
*Talk to the counselor for up-to-date information on the program.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Finance in the UK
In order to study MBA in Finance in UK business schools, international students are required to fulfill certain eligibility requirements, such as:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience (if required by the universities)
• Prove of English proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL, or other equivalent exams
• GMAT/GRE Scores (if required by the university)
• Valid Passport & Student Visa
• Statement of Purpose (SOP)
• Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
Admission Process for MBA in Finance in UK
While the process to apply for an MBA in Finance in the UK differs from university to university, the common process can be defined as:
• Connect with study abroad consultants or log on to the website.
• Sign up on the platform and create a profile, filling in necessary details such as educational background, test scores (if any), program preference, etc.
• Search and shortlist desired MBA in Finance UK Universities based on intakes, fee waivers, tuition fees, etc.
• Start the application process by uploading necessary documents, including academic transcripts, CV, SOP, LOR, and any standardized test scores (if required).
• Keep track of pending and active applications.
• Students may have to appear in interviews if required.
• Wait for the offer letter sent by the admission authority of the applied institutes after thoroughly checking the profile of the candidate.
• As a final step, make payment for the tuition fees and confirm the seat for the course.
• Apply for a student visa with the guidance of a counselor.
• Fly to the country and begin the session.
Universities for studying MBA in Finance UK
|University Name||Campus||Course Offered|
|University of Bedfordshire||Luton Campus||Master of Business Administration in Finance|
|University of Greenwich||Greenwich Campus||Master of Business Administration in Finance|
|University of Hertfordshire||De Havilland||Master of Business Administration (Financial Services)|
Scholarships for studying MBA in Finance in UK
International students intending to study in the UK have access to a wide range of scholarship opportunities at different levels. Here are a few noteworthy ones:
Commonwealth Scholarship: To ease their financial burden, students from Commonwealth nations are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Every year in September, applications are accepted for post-graduate study funded by Commonwealth scholarships.
Chevening Scholarships: Funded by the UK government, these scholarships assist international students wishing to start a one-year master’s program in the UK with their tuition, living expenses, and transportation costs.
Unique to a university Scholarships: Most UK universities award their own scholarships to deserving students based on their financial need, leadership potential, or academic achievement. Speak with the study abroad advisors.
Jobs opportunities after studying MBA Finance in the UK
For any international student, pursuing an MBA in the UK is undoubtedly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Make the most of your MBA experience in the UK by starting your preparations early, keeping in mind the requirements, and keeping an eye out for scholarship opportunities. Visit the official website or get in touch with knowledgeable study-abroad counselors to search and apply to the programs and institutions of your choosing!